How would you spend a billion dollars? It’s a mind blowing question that few of us would even consider since it seems so far out of the realm of possibility, that we give it no thought.
Yet for nearly 2,000 people on the planet, it is a question that they need to answer as they do indeed have a billion dollars or more. A few of them many billions.
So it is possible.
Just imagine for a moment…………what if you did have a billion dollars?
What could you do? How would you spend or invest it?
Here’s some ideas for you:-
- You could buy 826,446 ounces of gold – that is about 23.5 tonnes of the stuff.
- Become an art collector – “The Card Players” by Cezanne recently sold for $291 Million USD.
- Buy some rare diamonds – the Wittelsbach-Graff diamond is currently worth $80 Million USD.
- If it was for sale, you could buy Richard Branson’s Necker Island for about $100 Million USD.
- Set up a charitable foundation for 95% of your wealth – to support causes such as education, health, curing disease or even dedicated to putting a man on Mars.
Still for most of us, these thoughts just don’t sit with our brains – we just can’t compute it.
So the next step is to break it down.
What if you had a $100 million to spend? What then?
- Travel – you could spend about $2 Million on a first class two year trip to over 167 countries.
- An office building for $30 Million that would yield you about $2 Million per year in rent.
- If you are a car lover, how about a Ferrari 250 GTO, only about $50 Million – and going up!
- A mansion in Toorak Melbourne for $25 Million – 6 bedrooms & bathroom on an acre of land.
- Donating up to 50% of your wealth to cause/s you are passionate about.
Maybe you can envisage $100 Million, maybe not.
So what if we break it down further – now you have $10 Million – what next?
- Beautiful home on the beach at Cottesloe in Perth – $3 Million.
- 20 residential investment homes yielding around $300k per year – $10 Million.
- A Porsche 911 Turbo S – $500,000 – insert your favourite car or boat here.
- One week on the Mediterranean on a 100ft Yacht – $200,000 – plus fuel!
- Donate 10% or your wealth or income to the cause/s you are most passionate about where you believe you can make a difference.
I am willing to bet many of you can believably contemplate having that kind of wealth. Some of you will already be sitting on property or investments worth more than a million or two. It’s not that much more of a stretch to get to $10 million in time, if that is your goal.
But what about a million dollars? What if you had that to spend? I bet you could very easily and quickly account for every last dollar and have a whale of a time along the way. I imagine that some of you may even have a written or perhaps a mental list of what you would do with such a sum of money?
Depending on where you are, a million dollars can buy you one or several homes, nice cars, clothes and perhaps a few business class trips.
But if you haven’t thought about what you would do with that kind of money and you aspire to having that, or more, I can assure you that the first step in acquiring that kind of wealth is to know why.
So many people think they want to be a millionaire, or multi-millionaire, but they don’t really understand why.
That is, why do you want it and what you will do with it when you have it? And then truly believing that scenario of you having whatever level of wealth it is that you decide that you want in your life.
If you would like to invest about 20 minutes of your time in your future wealth – try this.
Make your own written spending/investing/giving lists, four of them – starting with a million, then $10 Million, then $100 Million and then a Billion dollars.
Imagine each of them as real and already happened. Believe it.
Place the lists somewhere you will see them every day.
Then watch the magic happen.